The Best Adjustable Dumbbells For P90x in 2017 – Guide & Reviews
Have you been bit by the P90x bug? If you have, you know that it is a super intense workout that uses all forms of exercises and equipment to get your body in peak physical condition.
If you have done a P90x workout before, you probably already know that it is absolutely essential to have a solid, adjustable set of dumbbells that you can use for your workouts.
So whether you are just about to jump into P90x for the first time or if you are a veteran that is looking for a new set of dumbbells, we are going to help you out a little.
In this review we are going to take a look at five different dumbbell sets that you can use to crush your workout and transform your body.
Recommend The Best Adjustable Dumbbells For P90x in 2017
The Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell set covers everything that you would need to get you through a P90x workout.
Since this is an adjustable dumbbell set, you can set these dumbbells up for a variety of weights and quickly change the weight of these dumbbells throughout the course of your workout.
Here are some of our notes on the Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells.
- You can buy this dumbbell in either 25 pounds or 50 pounds, and you can get the single dumbbell or the set of two in either weight
- These dumbbells are made with durable, chrome plated steel
- Since it is an adjustable dumbbell set, it eliminates the need of buying multiple dumbbells of different sizes
- They are compact and really easy to adjust the weight, set up, and start using immediately
- You can set these dumbbells up for any weight between 10 pounds to 50 pounds, in increments of 10 pounds
- These dumbbells are super durable because of their chrome design, but they may not be the best to use on your hardwood floors
- They only go up and down in increments of 10 pounds, so it doesn’t appear that you can do in between weights like 15, 25, or 35 pounds
The Infinideals 2015 special deal dumbbells are what most people normally think of when they think of the design of a classic adjustable dumbbell.
These dumbbells have the small dumbbell plates that you use to load and unload the dumbbells, with nuts that are used to hold the weights in place.
It appears that this dumbbell set comes with two handles and weights that make the entire weight set weight 50 pounds total. Here are some of our notes on the Infinideals 2015 special deal dumbbells
- Solid steel bar that is super durable
- Compact design so that they can be stored just about anywhere
- Cast iron plates with a gloss finish that makes them rust and wear resistant
- Textured handles so that you can get a firm grip on your dumbbells, even in the sweatiest of workouts
- Threaded collars so that you can secure your plates well, on the ends of the bars without risking them falling or sliding off
- These dumbbells don’t really offer a quick weight change like the adjustable dumbbells that come with their own stand. So it can take a while to change out the weights in the middle of your workout.
- These dumbbells don’t appear to be able to hold or bear as much weight as some of the other dumbbells on the market.
- Overall, these are some really reliable and durable dumbbells that you can easily and seamlessly store just about anywhere in your home.
The PowerBlock Personal Trainer Adjustable dumbbells are somewhat unique when it comes to the world of adjustable dumbbells.
They have a design and a rack that really makes them stand out amongst the crowd, and they are able to adjust in 2.5 pound increments, so that you have the maximum amount of scalability and versatility during your workouts.
Here are some of our notes on the PowerBlock Personal Trainer Adjustable Dumbbells.
- Simple setups that allow you to easily change the weight of your dumbbells
- One of the best possible features of this dumbbell set is that you can adjust your weight in 2.5 pound increments, so that you don’t have to get in those uncomfortable positions where you are working with weight that is either too light or too heavy.
- Selector pins that allow you to change your weight quickly, like you would be able to do on machines in the gym
- Padded handles for wrist protection while you are lifting weights- Maximum weight of 50 pounds per hand
- Expandable dumbbell weight sets so you can actually add more weight than 50 pounds per hand
- The unique design of the dumbbells does limit your range of motion with certain exercises
- These dumbbells are kind of expensive when you match them up against the rest of the competitionOverall, these are some really high tech, great looking, high performing dumbbells that give you a ton of versatility with the weight that you can set them up with for your P90x workouts.
The Reebok Rubber Hex Dumbbells look more like the new wave of health and fitness.
These are durable, non-adjustable dumbbells that you can use for a variety of movements during your P90x workouts.
Here are some of the notes that we have on the Reebok Rubber Hex Dumbbells.
- High grade durability
- Comfortable and easy to grip, contoured handles to make sure that your hands and wrists are safe and comfortable while exercising
- Unlike the other hard material dumbbells on the market, these dumbbell heads are equipped with soft heads so that they won’t damage your floors
- Bright, vibrant colors that allow you to easily identify the weight that you need during your workout
- The design of these dumbbells appears to be cheaper quality and grade than other, similarly designed dumbbells on the market
- Sold individually, not in pairs
- These are not adjustable dumbbells, so you are going to have to buy several of them for getting through most of your workouts. Overall, these dumbbells appear to be good for those who are just getting into exercise for the first time, or who know exactly what weights they need for their workouts and don’t need adjustable dumbbells.
Now we arrive at what most of you would think of as the classic gym or bodybuilder style dumbbell.
These dumbbells by far are the most basic in design, and what you would expect Arnold and his bodybuilder buddies to be lifting around Gold’s Gym, back in the good old days.
Without further adieu, here are our notes on Champion Barbell’s Solid Hex Dumbbells.
- Simple and durable metal design where the heads are welded onto the handle
- Solid cast iron dumbbell with an acrylic finish
- Textured handles for improved grip and performance
- These dumbbells can take a beating and keep coming back for more. Great for use on hard surfaces or outdoors.- A great price per pound
- The welding job on some of these dumbbells can be inconsistent or spotty
- These dumbbells are not adjustable and sold individually, so you may have to buy multiple dumbbells or dumbbell sets
How to Choose The Best Adjustable Dumbbells For P90x in 2017
Most of choosing the right set of dumbbells for you comes down to your budget, needs, and personal preferences. Most of the exercises that you will be doing in P90x will require you to use a variety of different weights.
Exercises that use bigger muscle groups or a greater amount of muscle groups will allow you to use more weight, whereas more difficult isolation exercises will demand that you use less weight.
So you are going to have to think about exactly what weights you need and how many of those specific weights you are going to be needing in order to complete your workout program successfully.
Part of choosing the right set of dumbbells is purely budgetary. You can get a set of lower quality adjustable dumbbells or a set of simple cast iron dumbbells for way cheaper than you can get a high quality set of adjustable dumbbells.
So if you are going the budgetary route, you may want to buy the dumbbells that you know that you need individually. You also want to consider the kind of surface you are going to be working out on.
Carpet or a rug is obviously going to more tolerant to harder dumbbells, but you probably don’t want to use rigid dumbbells on your hardwood floors or you could ding them and scratch them up.
One of the most important things that you can consider when selecting a dumbbell is what you need in a dumbbell. What fits your hands, wrists, and fitness needs the best is by far the most important aspect selecting the right dumbbell for you.
Out of all of the dumbbells that we reviewed, there is one that stood out the most to us. The PowerBlock adjustable dumbbells by far had the most to offer, with the least amount of downsides to them.
There are a durable, adjustable design that allows you to select weight increments by 2.5 pounds, which is really great for novice lifters all the way up to experienced ones.
They are definitely a little more expensive, but these are truly a setup dumbbells that can grow with you as you progress and get stronger.