Universal Power-Pak 445 Adjustable Dumbbells Review
The Universal Power-Pak 445 dumbbells have a design that really stands out, and can fit all of your home, functional fitness needs.
This set comes with an adjustable bench that you can use for bench press, incline bench press, chest flies, rows, dumbbell curls, bench squats, and a variety of other exercises so that you can always have an effective, sweat-soaked workout.
This adjustable dumbbell set includes a stand that allows you to easily adjust your weight from set to set or exercise to exercise.
All you have to do is set your dumbbells down on the appropriate stand, and use the knob selector on the side of the dumbbell to choose the weight that you need. Here are some of the notable features of the Universal Power-Pak adjustable dumbbells.
Dumbbells that Adjust from 4-45 pounds
The first great feature that we noticed about these dumbbells is that they are great for beginner and intermediate lifters.
The lowest amount of weight that you can use on these dumbbells are 4 pounds on each handle, which make them great for novice weight lifters.
Since they scale up to 45 pounds they are great for a variety of upper body and lower body exercises. These dumbbells can start you off at an appropriate weight, and give you plenty of room to grow and get stronger over time.
Weights Change in 5 Pound Increments
Another nice feature of this adjustable dumbbell set is that you can move up or down weight in 5 pound increments. There are a lot of weight sets on the market that only allow you to move up and down weights in increments of 10 pounds, which can tend to cause problems if you are just getting into weight lifting for the first time.
You will often find that the weights that you are using will either be too light, or too heavy if you can only adjust your weight in 10 pound increments. 5 pound weight increments give you the ability to scale your weight up and down gradually, so that you aren’t ever using weight that is either too light or too heavy.
Saves a Ton of Space
The great thing about most adjustable dumbbell sets is that they are going to save you a lot of space. If you are familiar with non-adjustable dumbbells, you know how much space a set of dumbbells can take up in your home or in the gym.
These dumbbells actually replace 9 sets of 18 individual dumbbells, and compress all of that into one compact stand that you can easily hide into a corner or room in your house.
One big issue that you can run into with the wrong set of dumbbells is that you can have rough handles that will tear up your hands. Don’t get us wrong, calluses can be great for developing grip strength, carrying heavy objects, and protecting your hands, but developing them can be really uncomfortable.
These adjustable dumbbells have comfortable, ergonomically designed, rubber handles that making lifting weights much easier than using the rugged, textured, steel handles that you find on your average gym dumbbell sets.
One feature that we absolutely loved about this particular dumbbell set is that it comes with its own bench. Having an adjustable bench in your home workout setup gives you nearly endless options of exercises that you can do and workouts that you can complete at home. With a bench in your home workout setup, that opens you up to exercises like
- Bench press
- Incline press
- Bench rows
- Bench curls
- Bench squats
- Bulgarian split squats
- Dumbbell step-ups
- and other great upper and lower body exercises
- Here are some of the qualities that we liked best about this particular dumbbell setup.
- Includes an adjustable bench that allows you to perform infinitely more exercises, than just having the dumbbells alone. The bench as a high weight capacity to accommodate lifters of all sizes and strengths.
- Comfortable dumbbell handles that make lifting easier and more enjoyable
- Dumbbells that adjust in increments of 5 pounds so that you are never using a weight that is too light or too heavy
- A compact stand design that makes this dumbbell set really easy to store without taking a ton of space
- This adjustable dumbbell set replaces a total of 18 individual dumbbells, which saves a lot of money and space
- A seemingly cheap design that doesn’t have a ton of durable steel
- Weights only go up to 45 pounds, so this set would be more ideal for novice lifters and less ideal for seasoned weight lifters
- Some dumbbell sets will allow to adjust weights in increments of 2.5 pounds, so they aren’t even totally ideal for a novice lifter.
Q: Is this item durable?
A: Fairly, this dumbbell set is made from rubber and hard plastic.
Q: Are these dumbbells easy to use?
A: Yes. These dumbbells are really easy to adjust and use.
Q: Where is the best place to use these dumbbells?
A: The best place to use and store these dumbbells are indoors and preferably on carpet, so that you don’t scratch your floors.
Overall, we would say that this is a good, reliable, compact set of dumbbells for beginners who want to workout at home. Since the max weight on these dumbbells only goes up to 45 pounds, we wouldn’t recommend this set for seasoned weight lifters, because the chances are you are going to need heavier weight.
The bench that is offered with this set gives this home workout set up a ton of versatility. We would give this dumbbell set overall, 4.5 out of 5 stars.